Thursday, April 24, 2014

Happy Easter!



Maman!
Ca va bien?  oh wow news from home...weird. Oh well, things change over two years I guess haha. I'm glad that Carli did so well even though she didn't have time to properly warm up. Warm-ups do help a ton! She sounds like she is rockin' it though! 
 Aw that's too bad with your leg! I'm positive that it will be better if you do all that you can to fix it AND you'll be able to do the half-marathon! Keep the hope up! The years not even half way over yet! 
 Ask Chelsea why her husband wrote me but she didn't haha. Oh I'm so glad that your using my pergola. You know I was thinking about that the other day and how much that helped me. Ya with working hard and all that jazz, but during that time I listened to SO many conference talks that help me now when I need them. It grew my love for modern prophets and apostles. So, next time you sit under it, grab a nice talk and read it for me! 
 I didn't teach on Sunday. My companion taught the Gospel Principles class with less-actives and an investigator. I don't speak really at all here other than that one for missionary work. It's definitely not like the first branch I was in. 
 I think something that is key in the First Vision is the context. Getting to know Joseph Smith Jr. and his situation in life, his character, etc. That really livens the picture of the story. But the key is that Joseph Smith wanted to act when he prayed. It wasn't just a quest for knowledge but he wanted to know which church to join. That is the key to prayer. If you want to know, you got to be willing to act on it! 
 I took 3 pictures this week! So, sorry it wasn't everything you wanted, but I improved! 

 Anyways it was really great this week. We had an investigator come to Church and he was super scared to come to Church, because of past experiences with other Churches. But he came and it seemed really good. It was really all thanks to a member too! He offered him help, and rides to buy stuff, and a ride to Church. He really fellowshipped him! Also, we (as in Elder Hurtado) taught these two Cuban bouncers. They were huge. They were super nice and had a lot of real intent. We also taught this younger girl who, at first at the door, wasn't interested, but after talking to her we got an appointment at a Tim Hortons Sunday. It turned out to be a super good lesson! Anyways that was my week! Love you tons!
Elder Kimzey

No comments:

Post a Comment