Thursday, April 3, 2014

I'm mostly craving warm weather

Sister Mom! 
I'm doing great how are you? haha he got mono? What did he do the day he got released? haha Ya, I can see why he is so tired. You do a lot on your mission with not a lot of sleep. Well, it's a good amount hours wise, but you're always doing something. That's so crazy fast 4:12! What was their name? I'm glad carli ran well in the 800m. I was never good at that. Byron and Abel got there calls sweet! Tell them congrats for me and that they'll love uruguay and cali! 
Oh man ok I will keep going strong here so that you all don't fall apart over there! questions/answers:
 1. what is different about victoriaville? Well, there are a lot more families in Victoriaville. It's also not next to a giant river and it's less windy. There isn't really a main employment here so that's why there is becoming less and less young families here. Missionary work wise, it's a lot more knocking and I have taught a lot more investigators. I have heard a lot of spanish and so I understand it decently well. The apartment is a lot smaller too, but I like it. The Rimouski one was too big for two people I think. The Branch here is a lot bigger and a lot more functional. There are very active and very focused on missionary work. That is fun.
 2. do you mostly teach quebecois or immigrants? We teach a lot of immigrants, but temps en temps(time to time) we teach quebecois people. We mostly teach hispanic people right now because almost all of our quebecois investigators stopped investigating. 
3. is there something you are craving from america? No, I'm mostly craving warm weather. So, will you send some of it my way? haha If only that worked. But I like snow now a lot. Just makes missionary work a lot harder.
 4. do you speak french all the time? sometimes? is it harder to learn the language or easier when it is a dual language country? I need to speak French more. I speak it some. With other people yes but we are working on speaking more with eachother. Well, I'm mostly working on that because Elder Hurtado PVL's a lot (that just means speak your language). I think it's easier in some ways but harder in others. You can say any word in english and they will probably know it. They appreciate that you are trying to speak their language but most of them know english decently well. It's harder because there are a lot of words they use that the french-ize. Like toast or toaster. They say that. And sometimes it's the literal translation of american english to french.
 5. what is a great spiritual experience this week? Well, one day we had already knocked a road but Elder Hurtado had a feeling to go to the apartments that didn't answer on that road to contact as many as possible, so we did and we found this really solid investigator! It was pretty cool. It shows that God puts ideas and inspires us in the work.
 Well, have a great week! Love you tons!
 Elder Kimzey

No comments:

Post a Comment